Towns and Villages
Crookwell is a small town located in the Southern Tablelands of New South…
Two minutes from the Hume Highway west of Goulburn and a leisurely hour’s…
Taralga is a small village in the Southern Tablelands of New South Wales,…
The Southern Tablelands offers some incredible countryside ready for you to explore
Quiet country roads, beautiful scenery and undulating landscapes that are made for cycling
There is no better way to explore a region than on foot.
Meet the locals
Meet this 10th Generation sock maker plying the trade of his ancestors
Helping visitors to enjoy the countryside they fell in love with
An avid outdoors man, loving the wide open spaces and the freedom that…
Numerous recent awards and accolades have confirmed what
Tablelands and Canberra Region
RV Friendly Towns
Relax and be welcomed at Cloverleigh Bed and Breakfast, brimming with country charm.…
The charming little cottage accommodates one couple, and is the perfect country getaway…
The Taralga Hotel is a traditional country hotel established in 1876, built from…
All Eat & Drink
From hearty pub fare to award winning dining, we have it all!
Local wines can be enjoyed at cellar doors
Cuisine to suit every tastebud
Group Touring Options
We specialise in making it easy for group organisers to book and plan amazing touring experiences
Weddings, Parties And Meetings
From amazing wedding venues to tranquil retreats for small team meetings.
Select one of ours or make your own itinerary from a wide range of activities and attractions
We want your photos!
Send us your photos highlighting the best the Upper Lachlan Shire has to offer, for your chance to be showcased on the front cover of the 2023 Upper Lachlan Destination Guide.
Your photo will be printed over 10,000 times and distributed all over NSW, showcased on the Visit Upper Lachlan website and social media for everyone to see for 2 years!
1. Upload your photos to Instagram with the tags #2023loveourshire and @upplachtourism
2. Follow Upper Lachlan Tourisum’s Instagram account “upplachtourism”
3. Follow us on Facebook “Visit Upper Lachlan – The Shire of Villages”
Competition opens June 12 2023 and closes 11:59pm July 15 2023
For full terms and conditions visit: https://www.visitupperlachlan.com.au/photo-competition-terms-and-conditions/
By Jason Dinsmore
View all articles by Jason Dinsmore
Treat yourself to a summer getaway at the fabulous Markdale Station Farmstay!
Interested in the latest information on upcoming events, new experiences and offers from our region? Sign up to our email list below - we promise you will only receive relevant information and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is the Upper Lachlan Shire Council, ABN 81 011 241 552, 36 Goulburn St, Crookwell NSW 2583, ph (02) 4832 1988.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Employees and their immediate families of the Upper Lachlan Shire Council are ineligible to enter the competition.
4. The competition commences at 9.00am (AEST) on Monday 12 June 2023 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on Friday 15 July 2023.
5. How to enter:Step 1: Take and edit your photoStep 2: Upload the photo to Instagram with the tags @upplachtourism and #2023loveourshire (Instagram privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo)Step 3: Follow Upper Lachlan Tourism’s Instagram account “upplachtourism”Step 4: Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/upperlachlantourism
6. Only entries submitted via the Instagram application and which are hash tagged #2023loveourshire will be accepted. Photographs submitted must be original works.
8. Original photos must be high resolution with a minimum resolution of 3510 x 2490 pixels, to allow printing in large sizes and be made available on request.
7. Judging will take place on Wednesday 19 July 2023 at 3pm (AEST) at the Crookwell Visitor Information Centre.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. Chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. Submissions will be judged by Destination Southern NSW and the Upper Lachlan Shire Council tourism staff.
10. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Entries must be uploaded by 11.59pm (AEST) Friday 15 July 2023. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is visible to the promoter on Instagram. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Use of images:13.1 All images published on Instagram with #2023lovemyshire may be moderated and displayed on the website and social media channels of the promoter and its associated partners. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.13.2 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree that you hereby license the rights to use your photo submission to the Upper Lachlan Shire Council and its associated partners on any of its websites or social media channels, or for advertising and promotion of its products, services, and/or its company in any media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
13.3 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree that you hereby license the rights to use your photo submission to the Upper Lachlan Shire Council for the production of products for sale in exchange for no compensation of any kind to the entrant.
14. Use of personal information:14.1 By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that the promoter may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
15. By entering the competition, you give the promoter permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition for the purpose of distributing your prize to you.
16. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
17. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one week of the judging. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after one month, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s
18. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
20. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under state regulation.
22. Prizes are as follows:
The winning entry will be used on the front of our 2023 Destination guide with full credits.
23. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/